Sonshi Forum: Largest Message Board for Sun Tzu's Art of War  

Go Back   Sonshi Forum: Largest Message Board for Sun Tzu's Art of War > Sun Tzu Art of War Explained > Twelve: Fire Attacks

Old 09-01-02, 08:40 PM
Founder

Default 12.008 Therefore, I say the wise general thinks about it...

Therefore, I say the wise general thinks about it, and the good general executes it.
Old 11-06-02, 08:09 AM
Cardinal999
Unregistered

Default Re: 12.008 Therefore, I say the wise general thinks about it...

Quote:
Originally posted by sonshi
Therefore, I say the wise general thinks about it, and the good general executes it.
I am presuming "Wise" and "Good" are just two different behavior patterns.
First, The "wise" strategist always analyze and compares the benefits that are gained from deploying various types of "fire attacks". Once he determine the timing for a certain type of an attack is appropriate, the "good (efficient)" general will fight to win.
Old 12-08-02, 09:55 AM
Full Member (S)

Any person with intelligence will think about it. A good leader can and will execute it with effeciency and results.

Gonzo
Old 12-23-02, 12:31 PM
No longer a member

The difference between the wise and the good is like describing the distinction between a professional and an amateur.
Old 04-26-03, 03:44 AM
SunZulu
Unregistered

Sun Tzu said, "Therefore, I say the wise general thinks about it, and the good general executes it."

The great general thinks before he acts. The good general must be controlled by the great general so that his "risk" will not turn into a "gamble".
Old 07-08-04, 10:45 AM
Sonshi-given title: Honest, smart, family guy (S)

Default The consummate leader

Quote:
Originally posted by sonshi
Just as entering the fray without a plan is disasterous, so is planning a strategy without implementation. The consummate leader does both. He is organized enough to plan and courageous enough to put the plan into action.
Old 08-06-04, 02:28 AM
Subscriber* (S)

Default Thinkers and doers

Successful organizations have professional thinkers and doers and mixes there of. We all have jobs to do and personal obligations to complete our tasks in the best manner.

pawn12
Old 06-23-10, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Thinkers and doers

Quote:
Originally posted by pawn12
Successful organizations have professional thinkers and doers and mixes there of. We all have jobs to do and personal obligations to complete our tasks in the best manner.

pawn12
Yes a successful organizations have professional thinkers and doers and mixes there of. We all have jobs to do and personal obligations to complete our tasks in the best manner. I am agree with you.

Cheers!!!
Old 10-10-11, 10:22 AM
Dedicated Sun Tzu Student

I believe that in this instance -- the wise general can be seen as wisdom while the good general can be seen as action or implementation like Truthseeker brought out in his post. Wisdom and knowledge are useless until they are put into action resulting in a -- planned -- outcome.

Stored up knowledge has no value until it is used for a purpose. The wise general strategically thinks and plans for his future actions -- and after thinking them through -- implements them. The even wiser general has back-up plans for his initial plans should they begin to fail. In warfare and conflict, there are no guarantees -- even to the prolific thinker. However, an effective strategic planner can limit his losses. More planning hopefully equates to less bleeding and dying in battle or less financial or friendly losses being suffered by one's company during work or relational conflicts.
Old 03-06-12, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Sun Tzu Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Just as entering the fray without a plan is disasterous, so is planning a strategy without implementation. The consummate leader does both. He is organized enough to plan and courageous enough to put the plan into action.
That is the main reason why I like those leaders to be selected from the group of people that have actually "been there done that" rather than politicos that are put in leadership positions based on "who they know" rather than "what they know."
Old 03-08-13, 09:17 AM
My teacup's overflowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshi View Post
let the best temple of darkness take over and let the most potent arms and legs execute it

The temple of darkness is the more potent form of presence of mind because it is imbued with the art of war